4 ears shucked corn
3 cups cherry tomatoes, divided
2 TBSP canola oil, divided
4 oz shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
¾ tsp black pepper, divided
4 6-oz halibut fillets, skinned
2 tsp balsamic glaze
2 TBSP chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 400°F) and coat ears of corn with cooking spray.
- Place 1 cup tomatoes, 1 TBSP oil, and shallots in a bowl; toss to coat. Place tomato mixture in a grill basket.
- Add corn to grill; cook 6 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Add tomato mixture to grill; cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes blister and turn lightly brown.
- Shave off corn kernels from ears; discard cobs.
- Coarsely chop shallots; set aside.
- Place grilled tomatoes, remaining 1 TBSP oil, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Coat fillets with cooking spray; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Add fillets to grill; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove them and keep warm.
- Slice remaining 2 cups tomatoes in half. Combine them with corn, shallots, 2 TBSP pureed tomato mixture, remaining ¼ tsp salt, and remaining ¼ tsp pepper in a bowl.
- Place 1 cup corn mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 fillet, 1 TBSP pureed tomato mixture, and ½ tsp balsamic glaze. Top with basil, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light[i]