1 lb ground beef
1 16-oz bag of seasoned, frozen black beans and corn
2 tsp no-salt chili powder mix
1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce with chili seasoning
Sour cream (optional)
Green onions, sliced (optional)
- Add ground beef and chili spices to a large Dutch oven or pot.
- Cook seasoned beef on medium-high heat until just browned (about 6 minutes). Stir to crumble beef as it cooks.
- Drain fat from cooked beef.
- Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, and beef broth to pot, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover pot and reduce heat, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Serve and garnish with sour cream and green onions.
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes[i]